Re: Proposal: Freeing Mobius

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 1995 12:04:14 -0500 (EST)

*** This message contains information about the episode "Blast From the
Past". If you have not seen it yet and don't want to know what happens
now, don't read this message.
***

On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Shawn Wolski wrote:

> I have a VERY general outline of how we (yes, the people on Earth) can
> help the Mobius Freedom Fighters put an end to Robotnik's plans once
> and for all! Here's the idea:
>
> -Use the starship to travel back in time (it worked on ST [original series]
> and ST 4: TVH) to the point of time BEFORE Robotnik managed to
> cause all this trouble. (It's critical that we get the information on the
> exact date that the coup occured from Sally or whoever might remem-
> ber WHEN it happened to the day.)

Sonic and Sally did go back in time to do this. They didn't succeed but
did save Rosie and got the plans used for the making of the roboticizer.
It may have been Sonic's lack of concentration that got them into
trouble, so maybe we would have an advantage.

> -"Leave" information that Robotnik (in that time, Julian) had a fatal
> accident. Must also be performed covertly.

That will require lots of planning, and some backup plans. We'll need to
first send a ship to gather and communicate information, and make sure
that ship is not discovered. Does anyone know where Mobius is? If it
revolves around Alpha Centauri (the closest star other than our sun), it
will take four years for radio signals to reach us. We'll need to plan
for that somehow.

> -Return to our time period. Either send back or destroy the starship.
> If send back is desired, data concerning the mission must be dele-
> ted, and the ship be under control by the computer.

We'll also need to delete all information about the mission from the
brains of those who participated so there's no possibility of accidental
divulsion. We also need some way to account for those KIA, if any.

> Yes, there are a few technicalities in the mission plans. Wouldn't it
> be great if we could do it, though?

Mondo cool! It's going to take a lot of planning, but you got to start
somewhere.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2