Re: Sonic's Valentine cards

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 01:23:06 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Feb 1995, Jeffrey Pegnato wrote:

> As long as I'm on the subject, what is the rule about discussing plot points?
> I know that almost NO rules are established yet, but I don't want to spoil
> the show
> for someone who hasn't seen it yet! Perhaps a disclaimer at the top would be
> best...but that should be decided upon.

I don't want to lay down a lot of rules, especially in the beginning.
I'm sure others besides myself appreciate your desire to not spoil things
for others. The Subject line (like the date) can be used for a brand new
episode and/or a notice in the message. Otherwise, as you said, just a
warning in the message itself. Let's not get really technical about
requirements, but what I, personally, do is add a --------- line across
the page if there's also something unrelated at the top of the message.
That way, you know when to stop reading if you choose to.

> >Anyone interested in a Sonic merchandise list? I'll submit everything I know
> >about which I know is not comprehensive.
> I am. please send it out...after it's sent, the individual members will get
> a chance to
> expand upon your list...

This is one case where I think it is worthwhile to include the games.
That's what most of the merchandise is. Once more-or-less complete, the
list can become a retrievable file just like the FAQ now under
development. For (non-game only?) merchandise, I think we should also
include the manufacturer's address or some other purchasing guide. I'm
not so sure about prices. Pricing is subject to change, local market
conditions, and foreign exchange rates (we will be getting >=2 non-US
subscribers) -- and I don't want anyone to try to hold me to a price.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2