Re: StH 04 Feb 95

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 01:05:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 5 Feb 1995, Jeffrey Pegnato wrote:

> I wish I knew WHY Antoine keeps becoming more and more of a main character...
> he has almost no redeeming qualities! If he is ever going to become an

His parts are probably the easiest for the writers to write. Just have
him do something that's silly at best and throw in a few "sacre blue
chesses"'s for good measure. Presto! You've just written several
minutes of program time in, well, several minutes.

> A change? better watch more of the show before you say that ;)

A change as in this_time!=other_times. It makes things less
predictable. Whether it's a change for the better is another matter.

> This last week's show was just fluff. Nothing happened to expand upon the
> plot, and
> was probably used for the sole purpose of filling time.

> c'mon, the writers must have better ideas than this...

Filling time could be one reason, or maybe the only reason. Maybe they
had to meet some kind of deadline on this show or for another show they
write for. How experienced are the writers anyway? It takes time to
perfect one's craft and you have to start somewhere. DIC hasn't been
around all that long, and it's going to be tough for them to hire away
writers from Warner Bros., Disney, Hanna-Barbera, etc.

I also wonder about how much direction DIC takes from Sega. For whatever
reason, it could be Sega wants Antoine developed but DIC doesn't know how
to do it right.

It would be way past cool if we could get representatives of Sega and/or
DIC to subscribe and participate. But until that happens, all we can do
is speculate.

Erich Schulman (KTN4CA)
Team OS/2