Re: Why Canceled?

From: Pastmaster <gvvy03_at_snowcrest.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 22:59:14 -0700

>>>I think that SWAT Kats is no more violent than your average
>>>live-action action/adventure TV shows.
>>
>>That's probably it right there. In the U.S. The most violent cartoon not
>>animated in Japan was Batman (But I detect some anime features about=
 that).

>Anime features? Hah! Check out the Fleischer Superman shorts from
>the 1930s. Kids these days! No sense of history! :) :) :)

I've seen all the superman eps when I was younger. I was bored to hell and
back, and I don't give a care that Superman has excellent animation
compaired to the garbage (Capt planet as example) they're thunking millions
into now. And BTW, I'm part of Generation X, NOT the newer kidzy generation
that my idiot brother falls into whether he likes it or not.

>>Cartoons over here usually aren't violent, unless the violence translates=
>>being funny. Since SWAT Kats has humor that is excersized in the real=
 world
>>and has an anime animation background (it was made in Japan), it corolates
>
>Nothing to do with anime.

I was saying that when it comes to things animated in Japan that look anime,
or just plain anime, people like it, or hate it. Ted obviously hated it, but
he obviously wanted the best for Capt. Planet, trying to appeal to everyone
at the same time, which really pisses everyone off! (As you can tell, I'm
not in a very nice mood now.)

>>to meaning that Ted finds the realism unorthidox for small children, which
>>love the violence that SWAT Kats brings.
>
>Maybe it's the realistic characters and believable dialogue, as
>opposed to TreeHuggerSpeak in Captain Pinhead.

I've looked. My idiot brother's generation loves violence, but this is the
little I've seen. These punny eight year olds would rather play gore-fest
games and watch more violent shows. Look at how popular Power Rangers is and
it's packed with beating people up!

>One of the reasons I like the Kats, whereas I rapidly sicken of most
>of the other ac-adv SatAM stuff, is the character development, and
>that probably helped get the show killed. Sigh....

Yeah. People don't like change. SWAT Kats was entirly different from
evreything else I've seen. And being a cartoon in America, where exagerated
personalliaties are normal, it would only fit that the not normal would get
sacked . The change would be sacked for tradition.

>>Translation: Ted thinks that SWAT Kats should be a reminecant of Barney=
 (The
>>hatable purple !$#_at_head)
>
>Are you ready for the Barney movie? I'm, sadly, not joking.

It's just now surfacing? Geez! I thought Ted would have already married
Barney, and given Barney her own network (and yes, I know Barney's a guy,
but I don't care!)
Ryan "Aug <Archeiver>" [Your nickname here:] Kelley
SWAT Kats Ultra Super Mega Extremist fanatic... anime fan.
"Hop two three! Bop two three! Run two three! Tounge two three!" -Elmyra=
 Desmond
"Elmyra should have a Close Encounter of the 18-wheeled Kind" -Chance