Re: Why Canceled?

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 23:28:52 +0700

On Sun, 30 Jun 1996, Erin O'Conell wrote:
>Well, it has been suggested that the cancellation by TBS was possibly for
>a few reasons:
>
>1) Turner's original reason was that the show wasn't
>moving enough merchandise (probably due to the fact that there wasn't
>much merchandise to be moved)

Which make Apple Computer's marketing people looked like a bunch of genius
compared to the ones that handle the Kats merchandising.

>2) Turner looked at the show and decided
>it was too violent

Well, I think that if SWAT Kats is a really violent show and it make a lot
money, he probably will never cancel it. Maybe it's the money part that he
think of. I think that SWAT Kats is no more violent than your average
live-action action/adventure TV shows.

>3) Turner needed the money to promote other
>shows such as Jonny Quest (especially the new one) and his "baby" - Capt.
>Planet.

Could be. He know that there is a lot of Jonny Quest fans out there, and
all that stuff about saving the enviroment would sell since that people
these days have been thinking a lot about the enviroment. What he doesn't
realize is, there is another source of income that might bring him a lot of
money in the future.

>Most likely the only truth on the subject we'll ever know is that
>Turner's an idiot who didn't know a good thing when he had it.

Now that is the source of income that he doesn't realize.