Re: The War on Atlanta!

From: Paul Kemner <pkemner_at_bright.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 23:32:19 -0400 (EDT)

Terra typed:
> Have you seen the title of one of Paul's fanfics? I believe it's called
"You spell it
>MegaKat and I spell it MegaCat" or something like that. Get my drift? ;)
Why Terra, you're so sweeet! That's the second mention of one of my fanfic
titles by you in not-too-long a spell of time! And from the author of
"Unexpected Evils" and "Blood Moon Rising- part 1", among others, to boot!
(Don't miss them, folks! hype hype hype!)

>Oohh! You weren't supposed to tell them that! Didn't you see that??! <points
>to a bunch of BattleSmurfs<tm> who were about to stuff themselves on the
>cyanide popcorn
You need to clean those SmurfJuice spots off your glasses. Edo and Ryan
eliminated them all!

>If they're popes, Pauly-Boy, what am I?
You're not a Discordian or Erisian, yet. When you join up, you too can be a
Pope! (We might even give you the title if you join the New Scotchbright
Masons!) ((You'll get nowhere if you call me Pauly-Boy, though.))

>Oh, yeah, BTW . . . "she can't get in *too* much trouble in there"? Ha!
Snif! I just meant that you could take care of yourself. I think everyone
was *afraid* to follow you after that vampire-meany speech you made!

>Ryan: <who is floating over the crowd, due to the fact that he spends so
>many times in the Anime world, certain characiteristics have started to rub
>off on him.>
Now this is a HUGE mistake, Terra! I was watching Anime (Tetsuwan Atomu, by
the Father of Anime, Osamu Tezuka), in 1963!!! Not only were You not born
yet, Ryan was not born then, Andy Hill was not born then, EVEN DR. SAMUAL
CONWAY WAS NOT BORN THEN! (and Erin was probably just a wee 'lil sprout!) I
hounded Ryan into watching Maris, which he had to admit was 'Funnier than
A-Ko!') Rant, Rant, RANT! <oops, I'm starting to rant like you-know-who>
=^^=
Meanwhile- I wonder how DJ is doing?
=^^=
*** Interlude Three ***
DJ sat making polite conversation in her hosts' living room. Unfortunately,
like the other hosts for the group, they had no knowledge of Kats, Gargs, or
any other programs that she liked. They didn't even have Cable! The folks
last night didn't even have a TV!

They had tried to get her to put away her sword during dinner, and also
afterwards, sitting in the living room. She patiently explained to them that
the sword had been entrusted to her, and she could not let it out of her
hands until a certain task was accomplished. They were skeptical, but
fortunately they were too polite to press the matter.

The "Ur-Ted" business from last night still puzzled her. While she was on
the tour of Colonial Williamsburg that afternoon, she had paused in the
instrument-makers shop. She remembered Paul mentioning that he had measured
harpsichords in museums when they were talking about Abi and some happenings
in the MegaKat City Museum. While she was looking at a piece of music on the
harpsichord, she had spotted the words "Ur-Text Edition" on the cover! She
had asked what the phrase meant, and the Williamsburger had explained (in
that irritating colonial dialect) that the book contained only the original
music, with no added stuff. She was sure that she had never heard of that
Ur- prefix before, and how it had popped into her mind while talking to the
sword was a mystery.

She had better get some sleep before tomorrow. Charlotte was their next
stop, and after that ATLANTA!
~~~"Yes, Atlanta! It is there that you will be tested with fire and hammer
and quench, as was I when I was forged!~~~
DJ shook her head. It was getting late, and she was getting tired and
punchy! She was starting to imagine that the sword was talking to her again!
(better write it down, though!)
=^^=