Re: Word from TCN about the video quality

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 20:00:40 -0700

Kevin wrote:

> From: SpaceGhost_at_turner.com

> Dear Viewer,
>
> Thanks For Watching.
>
> To answer your question, yes, all video does at some point and time break
> down. The only thing we can do at this point is elongate the process. But no
> need to worry though, as we work long hard hours to digitally restore old
> cartoons and shows.
>
> Cartoon Network Development

    Apparently Turner's not at all concerned with maintaining the quality of
his animated properties. They must think TCN viewers are just a bunch of six
year olds with no understanding of quality. It's only a matter of time before
the bullet Ted fired at his own foot impacts.

*now it's my turn*

Cool that they wrote back so fast, huh? They're actually talking about the
film stock deteriorating in the H-B vaults, not the vidstuff used in the day-to-day
broadcast. Tedco has been restoring some cartoons (that Avery stuff comes to
mind), and this is likely what they figured you were asking about.

>From what I gather, TCN is really growing, and perhaps the growth will
give them some pull WRT procurement of new series, rather than
airing 70's castoffs and syndication also-rans. We'll see.