Re: sending stories to this list.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 07:20:23 -0700

>>And I thought, Why can't we do that? Hmmm? Chance?
>
>Yes, chance.
>
>>Someone? (Yes, I remember the "6k limit" thing,
>
>I don't think that "6k" is a limit, I think it's more kinda like a guideline or something like that.

'Kay. It depends on a few things as to whether or not it's a 'Good Idea' (TM). The
list volume isn't too scary now, so I don't have any objection on that basis, but we
do want to see a sample of *finished* stories, not the first three parts of something
you have no intention of finishing (not mentioning any *names*, of course!)

"6K limit": That's about, oh, five-six typewritten pages, so it's a handy enough size
to read or delete at the readers' fancy dictates. Some people get download their
e-mail in a really archaic and expensive manner, and might not like six or seven
simultaneous 6K stories entering their boxes at 83 bytes/second, so I'd ask in
addition that only one of these epics be posted to the list on the same day. If
you and someone else are contemplating fanfics on the instalment plan, please
co-ordinate with each other so as not to post your chapter on the same day as
someone else.

The big emphasis here: *FINISHED* fanfics - those where Alpha and Omega
have been completed - Genesis to Revelation - Chapter One thru One Hundred and
One. I hate getting interested in a Katfic only to be left hanging for the unfinished
episodes to be completed (oops..Freudian Slip).

Last note: when posting it/them, please do it something like the following to
warn folks of incoming Tolstoy novels (in the "Subject" line)

"FANFIC: Insertyourtitlehere, Pt. 1 of (a bunch)"

If I get objections in the admin/list-owners box, I'll have to deal with them, so
consider this a kind of probationary deal.

(Sound of Gavel banging on Admin desk)