Re: Stuff for Megakat City Salvage Yard...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 12:14:19 -0700

>> When I was posting all the katstuff to rec.arts.animation that kinda got me
>> in trouble, I had an argument with someone who was a knowledgeable
>
> What kind of trouble?

Some of those posts caused someone to be summoned to Atlanta to explain
how product/show info was being disseminated on Internet, and caused
an internal witch-hunt to determine who was responsible as it "wasn't their
job". In short, the news about the tapes and merchandise did an "end run"
around those charged with PR (you mean they *have* people in charge
of Kats PR?), and it caused a few people some uncomfortable moments
under bright lights. So, I stopped putting product info up on rec.arts (if
temporarily).

> In the follow-up,
>the poster argued that - get this - Baby Huey and The Tick had better
>animation. I countered and I think that was the end of it on the usenet.

Yeah, but the poster's basically cool. She has friends in Spumco who have
friends at Carbunkle, so it's fairly easy to see where objectivity gives way
to loyalty.

> Chance was kind enough to tell me of that E-mail via snail mail, but I seem
>to recall the episode that that person saw was Mutation City, not TDP. Just
>out of curiousity, which was it?

Hmm. Now you've got me thinking. It may well have been "Mutation", and I
can't get to my backups to check.

> Yep, SWAT Kats may be cancelled, but the show has been imortalized as the
>best thing H-B has done, action-adventure or otherwise.
>
>> I doubt the same could be said for any of the WPT's.
>>
>> (P.S. don't e-mail and ask who the quote is from please. I can't answer.)
>
> And I say in a musical tone "I know who it is" =->

"kay, but everyone maybe keep guesses to themselves or point-to-point
e-mail, okay? Cool.