Re: What "blur" thing?

From: Kevin L. Knoles <klknole_at_rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 01:42:57 -0500

At 05:52 PM 4/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> I like "Metal Urgency" too, the only thing that bothered me is that blur
thing

        I could swore that I wrote a follow-up to this and sent it, but when
it arrived in my mailbox it was all gone save the quoted text. Wierd.

        What I said was something along the lines of:

        Do you mean the filter shots? I happened to like them myself, as it
added a bit of realism to the explosions and gave them that "You are there"
effect. Those types of FX also only appear in Mook episodes too, another
visual mark over Hanho in my book. Same thing could be said about the
mutiplane shots, those added some real dimension (literally) for further
enhancement. Since both of these things are present in Mook episodes and
not the Hanho ones, does that mean that they were done by the studios and
not originally intended in the eps, written into the storyboards or scripts?
Something similar could be said about Hanho's fuzzy white inking of the
TurboKat, which I didn't like *at*all*, made it look like it was made of
cotton.

Kevin L. Knoles