Re: 9401

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 18:52:18 -0800

>>You win on your second guess! (pick up your cookie at the door). "93"
>>is the year, "01" is the ep in sequence. "9402" is the code for "Mutation City",
>>as it started the second season. Brownie points for guessing what "9401" was.
>
>"S.K.I.Q."?
>
>BTW, why is that Lance use those numbers anyway?

Lance didn't except by way of convention, as all the scripts bear that kind
of legend irrespective of whether Leopold, Falk, or someone like
Saraceni wrote them. The full form is actually along the lines of
"0182-9313" ("Katastrophe"), but I couldn't tell you what the "0182" stands
for aside from project number. After the script made it through final revision,
they make up a bunch of "show packs" with all the model sheets for the various
characters and props unique to that episode (see rat.org's "dockat.gif" for
illustration), then to 'board, then to animation, then to TV -- all bearing this
number for reference and archive purposes. The "Katseye News
Special Report/SKIQ" ep that TCN can't find would wind up being
H-B no. "0182-9401" (man, now we're getting almost as anal as alt.tv.animaniacs!)
Chances are that H-B lost it after they were ordered to send all their "SwatKats"
materials to Turner Home Video (or so I'm told).