Re: Childhood...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 12:21:47 -0800

>I think that Chance probaly screw up a lot of things in his life, and the
>Enforcer maybe his last chance to patch things up.

This is pretty good, maybe have Chance running with the wrong crowd (though
basically a 'good kat'), and being picked up by the Enforcers rather frequently
as a 'bad apple'. Perhaps one day he's picked up by a group of Enforcers for
something extra-naughty, his rather extensive past record of petty
juvenile delinquency pops up, and they're tempted to throw him in the Kat
equivalent of Juvie Hall (that kind of Kiddie Jail). I'm thinking that one Enforcer
realizes that Chance isn't a bad kat at all, and gives him the one break he needed
to get back on track - and this Enforcer makes a lasting impression on Chance to
the point that he wants to be like this person when he "grows up" (nobody having
given him a break before, etc.).

> You could make him encountering some problems with alchohol in his past life

_at_@@@hh, in fanfic only, you could have one of the nuisance arrests be for
'drinking in a public place' etc, but I think he'd personally be more likely to
stare from the sidelines and realize that he isn't really *like* those people he's
hanging around with, but gets put in the frame right along with them just because
he's "there". You of course wouldn't be able to so much as mention that kind of
thing and get it through BS&P as an actual ep - and in any event I can't picture
any version of an 'alcohol problem' you might come up with to fall into the 'chronic'
category. Maybe more like trying one of your friend's cigarettes and realizing
it "wasn't you" is more his speed as regards underage alcohol abuse.

>>If only I could pull off what I *really* wanna try writing. <sighs> Well,
>>if people think I should try pulling off this story stunt.
>>And what's the idea? I'm too embarassed. I'll tell if I'm asked very nicely,
>>but otherwise, it's just gonna become another idea lost somewhere in the
>>gray matter of my brain.

A silly idea? Like, perhaps as silly as two French-Canadian brothers' idea
of a pair of Cat fighter-pilots? Or four humanoid turtles with ninja weapons?
Seems that the only difference between a silly idea that croaks on the paper
and a good cartoon might be the writer's willingness to share it with others, no?