Re: Season 2--re-evaluation

From: B-ko Daitokuji <gvvy03_at_snowcrest.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 19:24:50 -0800

Due to length of this manuscript, most of it was cut out to save downloading
time (Something I tend to forget to do!!)

> I don't have time to go through ALL the episodes ONE by ONE, so
>here are my general comments:

I have watched all the episodes except episode 24 (What's it's name?) and
have had time to evaluate and analyze the entire series from "Giant Bacteria
to episode 23 (Dark Side of the SWAT Kats or Unlikly Alloys) so here are my
comments for both seasons. These are just my ideas. Be free to make your own.

>ANIMATION:

Season one showed a refreshing change from terrable "foregrounds" (The
moving gunk) and realistic backgrounds. Many scenes showed signs of two
shades of color to represent shadows, while others lacked. (Hey, it's VERY
difficult to draw like that!!) Overall, the series was much more realistlc
than any other H-B production.

Season two displayed average anime style with below average backgrounds,
excepting "Deadly Pyramid", which showed average anime throughout. Also
showing many different styles, the second season generally had more action
scenes and seemed generally at night, giving the animation a whole new style
of it's own.

>PLOTS:

Season one had plots that were very develpoed. Many seemed to be solved by
trial and error, chance and logic. Elemants that generally are more
suspensfull, but other times, can drag on.

Season two had plots less developed, but generally went quicker and more
intense because the goals seemed to be in sight, but out of reach, so to speak.

>CHARACTERS:

Season one introduced a complicated array of characters. The season shows
how each is "related" to another. The criminal minds were a traditional one
sided kill all for one reason. The season seemed to signal something more
complex to arise.

Season two began to exaggerate some of the characters, while explin others
better. The setup presented in Season one seemed to be a bit ignored in the
second season. Even with the complexity toned down, the characters
(excepting vilians) seemed to act more like a human would act.

>If I think of anything more to say I'll send out another note.

I don't have enough time to put down my entire analyses, and besides, it get
tecnical. (and I don't like translating tecnical into English)

>BTW, my fanfic Children of the Stone, (208 KB, BEAT THAT), it finished, but
I'm

I WILL!

>having problems
>uploading through the FTP sight. I need B-KO to get back to me on
>that, please.

Download it to me anytime. The sooner the better (Tomarrow [however spelt]
would be perfect)! If anyone else on Prodigy has problems sending fanfics to
Rat, I would be glad to do it (saves downloading time) for anyone using that
particuluar online servace. America Online, Compuserve, and
ReallyDumdEMailSystems are on their own.

gvvy03c
Ryan "B-ko "Snoopy" Daitokuji" Kelley
SWAT Kats Extremist
Good thing you can't see me in person!!