Re: Time Line

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 1996 17:25:46 +0700

>>>Heck, for all we know the entire planet could have18 hours in a day! :)
>>
>>I think that 12 numbers is on their clock tower (The one on the city hall
>>tower.), so the possiblities of 24 hours a day is very high. (In their
>>times of course, human hours maybe different from kats hours.)
>
>Ooo! Ya got me on that one! :) But it's true that many of the kats'
>standards could be different from ours. Basing our time standard on a
>number of vibrations from an electically excited Cesium atom to approximate
>the amount of distance of earth travel around the sun is pretty arrogant on
>our part.

I was once ask a question about the kats calendar system in this list, but
it seem that nobody answered it.

>Time is relative.

Time is relative, one day in MegaKat could be different from one day at Earth.

>>>What if all the kats are the size of "real" earth cats?
>>
>>This is irelevant to Lance Falk theory that the kat is the same size with
>>the humans, of course unless the big mothership in "When Strikes Mutilor"
>>were really _a huge ship_. That's probaly why Razor said that it will
>>casued the same effect as an asteroid when the thing hit the planet.
>
>In the original idea of "When Strikes Mutilor", the "Aquians" were going to
>be "Earthers" instead.

Or if you use the most common saying in Sci-Fi history - "Terrans" (No
Terra, this is not your people. :)).

>From this we can assume that the Kats are fairly
>close to our size.

I think there is the possibilities that the kats is a little bit smaller
than the Kilrathi. BTW, the Kilrathi is a cat like species who always make
life miserable for the Terrans.

>>BTW Matt, this "kats size = cats size" is something that we must be
>>consider to think about, anyone want to comment on this one?
>
>I don't think we really _need_ to discuss this, I was only trying to make a
>point. :)

Yes, but we do have to think about this thing if we going to do the
craziest thing in the cartoon universe, bringing humans to MegaKat city.
(Lance Falk almost make it on doing this one.)