Re: Wacky list of toys.

From: Ed Rudnicki <erudnick_at_pica.army.mil>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 96 16:13:06 EST

Chance:
>>>Heh. So _that's_ where Jake got the idea for the Cyclotron -- from the
>>>Katwasaki ZX-11! Although the ZX-11 only goes 200mph off the showroom
>>>floor, the Cyclotron does 300mph!
>
>That "300 mph" reminds me of something...Razor's nuts. Insane, bent, warped...spent cartridge...
>getting measured for one of those Kat suits with extra-long sleeves tied up at the back. I mean,
>he does 300 mph on what is essentially a missile with wheels, parachutes on top of falling
>Nuclear devices, shimmies down the TK's grappling cable only to yell "Yeee-haah!!" atop the
>payload, and worst of all....he watches David Litterbin. T-Bone's supposed to be the maniac,

Actually, in pre-wimp, pre-lawsuit-at-the-drop-of-a-hat days this
kind of person would merely be called "adventurous".

During the Battle of Tsushima (naval, 1905), a British war
correspondent spend most of the battle atop the forward turret of
the Japanese battleship ASAHI. Another "war correspondent" rode
along with Prussian cavalry at the Battle of Mars La Tour (1871) as
an observer. He didn't have to; it was something he wanted to do.

The "Indiana Jones" personality is not entirely a fabrication.

Ed