KatVids/SNES game/Turner bashing...

From: Chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 08:16:56 -0700 (PDT)

     One of the list clan let me know that Astral, the distribution
outfit for the SNES game, has the "SwatKats" vid-game pegged as its fifth
best-seller (in terms of orders-from-retailers, that is). It's on my
shopping list, and I don't even OWN an SNES yet. The videos have now
made it on the Canadian Katalogue forms, so us Canucks can order them as
well now, though ours come without the "Kat-claw marks" across the Turner
logo, and no "extras" like the temporary tattoos or the 'Space Ghost' short.

     Someone informs me through e-mail that the Kat-vids are now for sale
in a store called "Reel Collections" - geographic area unknown.

     Ted Turner appeared in our Vancouver-area only "TV Times" this week,
in a Cheshire Kat pose with a smilin' Fred Flinstone on one shoulder, and
a conspiratorial Yogi on the other. As much as Ted frosts my cake, he
freely admitted that his Sam Elliot TNT thing 'Desperate Trail'
"sucked...we could not even watch it all, Jane and I". He didn't mention
cartoons specifically, despite the photographic teaser, but went on to
talk about violence in TV ("if everybody else stopped making..violent
films, we would - Pop, kiss mine!" <Ted's father shot himself>). He
started talking about "black Jewish Native Americans...sucking air"
before Jane practically yarded him off the stage before he put the other
foot in is mouth. Yep, Ted's a class act.

 "Of course it has boogers in it. It's got kid-type humour" - John K. in TVG
                                   --
 "Naaaah...just make them cat aliens." - Executive 'creative input' at H-B