sizing kats

From: Felix Lee <flee_at_cse.psu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 10:16:00 -0400

Doc Conway:
> Whooaaa, waitaminute here. What's this about proportion? I've never seen
> a Kat jet up against a human jet. The TurboKat might be three inches high.
> Or it might be five hundred feet high. There's no way of telling how big
> the Kats are, because we have no idea if the planet they are on is heavy
> gravity or light, if indeed it's not this one. From the way the TurboKat is
> able to maneuver so swiftly, it makes me wonder if they aren't smaller.

gravity is easy: how fast do things fall? whoops, no, I'm assuming
you know distances, which depends on how big things are. hmm.

ok, having an atmosphere constrains the size of the planet. smaller
planet means less gravity means less atmosphere. less gravity makes
it easier to fly, less atmosphere makes it harder, but it's not a
linear relationship so they don't cancel each other out.

hmm. does composition of atmosphere make a difference?

urg. this is too complicated.

oh hey. did the Secret Files of the Swat Kats give dimensions for the
Turbokat?