Re: Can it change my life?

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 95 12:11:02 PDT

flogistn_at_netaxs.com writes:
> Now, forgive me if I begin to sound like an old fuddy-duddy (albeit a fat
> one), but we are talking about a form of entertainment, not a religion.
> I mean this comment not to be snide or derisive; but remember, if we want
> to be taken seriously as a fan-culture, we might want to avoid sweeping
> statements such as "the show changed my life!" that might lead people to
> wonder about our collective mental condition.

I'm not worried about my interest in the series. As most, if not all,
of you know, I'm an avid cartoonaholic, and I watch a *variety* of stuff
-- from SK to TMNT to Disney Afternoon stuff and so on.

Paul I think once called me the biggest SK fan on the net -- and I was
quick to point out that *that* wasn't the case, citing Andy and Walt
(sorry, guys! ;-) as people who were bigger fans than me. While I find
myself tending to emulate Razor quite a bit (even saying Razor's catch
phrase "Bingo!" more often) I'm not about to give up my education for
working in a salvage yard and flying a jet.

Has SK *changed* my life? No. Has it *influenced* my life? Yes.

--
=================== Dana Uehara (duehara_at_atmos.ucla.edu) ==================
"I was raised to always offer my seat to a lady..." -- Razor