Can it change my life?

From: <flogistn_at_netaxs.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 07:44:07 -0400

In a word, no.

I enjoy it. I wake up early to watch it. One might argue that I am more
tired on Monday mornings because of it, or that my professional image is
affected by the "MEGAKAT CITY BIOCHEMICAL LABS" sign on my door or by my
insistance that the product I recently produced for antiviral testing be
referred to as "Katalyst 99".

Fundamentally, though, my life is not significantly altered by my watching
of Swat Kats, and my coworkers are quite certain that the abovementioned
shenanikens are all in fun (I hope).

Now, forgive me if I begin to sound like an old fuddy-duddy (albeit a fat
one), but we are talking about a form of entertainment, not a religion.
I mean this comment not to be snide or derisive; but remember, if we want
to be taken seriously as a fan-culture, we might want to avoid sweeping
statements such as "the show changed my life!" that might lead people to
wonder about our collective mental condition.

Don't get me wrong. I love Swat Kats. I was crushed when it was cancelled,
and would be the first to fight for its re-instatement. But let us not
get carried away.

-----
Samuel Conway, Ph.D.
Senior Evil Genius