The Three Missing eps...

From: Dana Uehara <duehara_at_cisk.atmos.Ucla.EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 May 95 17:53:10 PDT

Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 17:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Subject: The Three Missing eps...
To: kats_at_sard.mv.net

    Okay, I got a draft of the upcoming article in Animato! - and it's
outstanding. I have to stick to the "10 percent" reviewers rule, so I
can only quote portions of it to a maximum of 10 percent.

     These are the three eps that would have taken place after "Unlikely
Alloys". They have had the storyboards done and the voice tracks laid,
but are just kind of in cold storage at the moment.

1) "Turmoil II: The Revenge"

        "Turmoil busts out of jail. It opens up in a women's prison,
and this big mole machine comes out of the ground and (the prisoners) all
pile into it. Turmoil bustsout the entire women's prison, and they all
work for her. She gets a hold of a massivelaser satellite system, or a
big death beam -- I've forgotten exactly what it was. It's controlled
from her fortress, which is a castle on top of a snowbound mountain. The
SWAT Kats must scale the mountain and do all this snow fighting stuff.
It's real James Bond-ish. "

(Lance Falk quoted from a phone conversation with the article author.
 Reprinted with permission, as with the following two.)

2) "Doctors of Doom"

        "Dr.Viper teams up with Dr. Harley Street, the alien-possessed
scientist from the 'Ci-Kat-A' (hence the title). They create a lot of
monsters that have to be blown up within 22 minutes. I hardly remember
that one".

3) "The Curse of Kataluna"

        "It was a succubus story, about a woman that Commander Feral
really had a thing for, and she was really draining the life out of him.
He was getting older and older through the show, until he was practically
a mummy at the end. (Kataluna) drained his energy and became this big,
huge harpy, and she had other harpy things that helped her, and they were
terrorizing the city". The SWAT Kats became involved when a justifiably
concerned Felina Feral called on them to help save her uncle. Kataluna
was voiced by Nancy Linari, who had played Morticia on H-B's 1992-1994
'Addams Family' series. " 'Kataluna' was a real strong episode with
another terrific female villain", Falk says. "It used Commander Feral
more than any of the other shows that used him -- it was really Feral's
episode". Dr. Sinian also appears; after helping the SWAT Kats defeat
The Pastmaster and The Red Lynx, she's an old hand at handling
supernatural villains by now.

Finally, the Tremblays created a character that the SWAT Kats producers
never used: Nimbus the Weather Warrior, who Falk describes as "a weather
villain who rode a big motorcycle".

END OF QUOTED TEXT.

     I'll throw some other background/behind scenes stuff out on the
list, but anyone who's even remotely a fan should grab this article when
it appears in the June issue of "Animato!". If you don't know where to
get it, e-me, or I can post the info to the list if their is sufficient
interest. I also got copies of the action-figure package art in the
mail, and a look at what the ac-figures look like.

Andy