Where to find vigilantes in New York..

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 20:50:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, August Yang wrote:

> Also, just to throw my two cents in on whether or not Feral knows if who
> the Kats are. I've always favored the opinion that not only does Feral
> know, he sent Jake and Chance to that particular Junk Yard *in hopes*
> they would become vigilantes. I know its weird, but if perhaps Feral was
> sick and tired of all the beauracracy that goes into police work.
> Because of his position, he can't go slagging punks like he would like
> to, but he can manipulate events to the extent that someone else could.

     August Paul Yang shows me that I'm not the only one who thought this.
I always thought it was somewhat coincidental that all the makings of a
snap-together TurboKat were dumped once a week by Burke and Murray right
on the doorstep. Only drawback here is, originally it was just going to
be a mechanic operation - Lance Falk threw in the idea of "military
salvage" during a dev session with the Tremblays. This doesn't really
affect the observation much, just kind of defines the time-frame the
thought would've had to occur to the people "designing" Feral.

> Enter Jake and Chance, two rebelious pilots with the know-how to take
> down criminals effective if only the rules weren't standing in the way.
> All Feral would need is a semi-good excuse.

     Yeah, this pretty much echo's my thoughts. He's not too eager to
nail the 'KAT guys, even in Razor's Edge where he has the best reason, he
lets Razor leave the hospital without explaining himself beyond saying
"book 'em".

> August Paul Yang did manage to catch up on his sleep

     Mordor is a busy place, just ask any Hobbit.

Andy