Re: For Fox Kids Network:Margaret Loesch

From: Andy Hill <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 1995 10:14:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, August Yang wrote:

> Somebody (sorry, I lost your name) wrote:

  WHAT?!?!? AUGH!! (my name's Andy, my nick's Chance)

> SWAT Kats, I'll give you but TMNT? I was a fan of the Eastman and Laird
> comic book, but when I saw the "kiddified" version on the TV I nearly gagged.

     I was more referring to the types of characters the Turtles and the
SWATKATS were, as opposed to some of the Turtle cartoons themselves. I
missed all of the "grittier ones" because our CBS affiliate and Canada in
general dropped them. For the record, the best example of TMNT's
character show's up in the first feature movie, the B&W comix till about
'89, and apparently the current season of the cartoon.

> Ah well, I'm more into the idea of "hero-furries" anyway.

> August Paul Yang hopes that people know what a furry is. If not he'll
> explain

     You might have to. The definition seems to widely range depending
on the company you keep. I find the definitions in the FurryFAQ to be
clear enough, but not everyone's read that. I've only recently been made
aware of the whole "Furry"-thing, but all the characters I like seem to
fall within the general parameters. Go fig.