Re: Citizen Ted: Captain Planet in disguise?

From: <fayxx001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 95 12:55:08 -0500

>On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, Matthew b Milam wrote:

>There's a nasty thing called the "DIC code", which essentially translates
>into "if it's effective against evil, you don't get to use it in a cartoon".
>Turner's favourite cartoon is, for a fact, "Captain Planet and the
>Planeteers", which is in, what - it's sixth season? This cartoon and
>stuff like it will likely soon be all that we can watch, if the code to
>which it adheres becomes more of an industry standard that it already is.

Captain Planet has only been on the air a few years, and I don't think
any new episodes have been made in a while. The reason Turner keeps
pushing the series is because he created the show himself (in one of
his fits of social-consciousness -- let's hope he remains socially-
unconscious from now on :) ). That's why this show stays on the air
when it should have been canceled a long time ago.

-Tim