List Server FOUND! (fwd)

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 09:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 15:15:08 -0200 (GMT)
From: Ablater of Crypto-Phobia <ablater_at_global.co.za>
To: sonic_at_bort.mv.net
Subject: List Server FOUND!

[X] Possible Bounce Detection

Greetings,

With regards to what will be the eventual termination of this list:
 I have spoken to a friend who owns and a Unix server of which he runs one
of the greatest and most FREE MUCKS (SPR), and <DRUM ROLL> he said he would
be happy to provide the list for us!
        No, I'm not joking.. he REALLY said that he would be happy to
provide the list, and asked whether I knew anything about Majordomo. (which
I don't - So I'll have to either learn fast or find someone who knows how
already)

It seems that Rat is fixed on not giving out the listing, for certain moral
reasons, so everyone will have to resubscribe as soon as this new list does
come up.

      ALSO

I understand some people want to run the list from their email account.. but
let me explain something to them quicky:
        100 users.. X 15 posts a day = 1500 messages a day X3K each = 4.5MB
(I doubt you'll be able to send all that!)

A list server will of course not have this problem! :)
Hang on.. I'll be sorting the rest of this business out tonight (SA time)

And be excellent my cool friends!

BTW: For those of you who know the sysop of SPR.. don't bother his about
this.. not yet at least.. okay? He may have agreed, but sending him
moron-mail right now would probably not be to our advantage.

Cheers
|_|_|_AA|_|_| ____Ablater of Crypto-Phobia (South Africa)_______
|_|_|A/\A_|_| | Beginner Furry Artist/ Raytraced/Rendered Artist |
|_|_AAAAAA|_| | Programmer/MUCKer/Furry/Sci-Fi Writer |
|_A/ \Ablater |____ "The end is the beginning, is the end" _____|
  S3M? Furry? http://lin01.global.co.za/~ablater/index.htm