Re: The Termination of This List

From: Joseph Delacroix <hk512_at_cleveland.freenet.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 14:59:30 -0400

Ratman replied:

>On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Joseph Delacroix wrote:
>
>> As expected, Ratman (with his utter mastery of the King's English,
>> not to mention his totally superior abilities in detecting -CONTEXT-)
>> *flamed* me for putting the article on the list, calling it one of the
>
>Yeah, what a jerk I am. I provide this free service, and do such a crappy
>job at it. Here, i'll give you a full refund.

Oh, I see. You can do whatever the hell you feel like to me, and I gotta
keep my yap shut and take it from you? Well, sorry, I don't allow people
to treat me in that way for very long. It's obvious that you won't,
either.

And I know it's so bloody hard to maintain one of these things, too. I
used to run several remailers on a Freenet (this one, in fact) with no
shell access and only a .forward file that had to be manually edited
when I wanted to add a new user. Often, I'd have to transfer a file
sent to myself to the list due to misdirection on the part of the user.
You, on the other hand, have a totally automated remailer that you
occasionally take control of when someone spams it. -You- have absolutely
no day-to-day need to operate the thing, and you don't even do it yourself.

Anyway, Ratman, where'd the rest of my post go? No comments on it? No
denials about what I said? Absolutely nothing to add besides the
below thug-like threat and sneer? Not even a `I did not'?

Somehow, Ratman, I expected you to behave in this way. You never were
the type to sit down and discuss an issue rationally, were you? Nay,
it's either you're right or everyone else is wrong. God forbid you
might consider the shades of gray.

>I tell ya, I appreciate you making it easier for me to shut this thing down.
>I felt kinda bad about it, but this helps make me feel better about it.

Do you enjoy making other people suffer, Ratman? Apparently, you take
great pleasure in watching those of us who loved this list twist in the
wind while you dangle the sword of Damocles over this forum.

Needless to say, you've made it far easier for -me- to motivate my
friends to start up a new mailing list. After all, next to the fear
of death, rage is the second best motivational tool.

>And if this "rat bashing" becomes a trend, I think i'd like to shut it
>down right now. I'll see how it goes today and tomorrow.

How do you sleep at night, Ratman? Can you honestly say to me that hurting
so many other people is not a problem for you? Perhaps that MK crowd
of yours has zeroed your empathy levels...

>But I'd rather give it the full week for people to say their goodbyes,
>and possibly advertise for other forums people can use to discuss Sonic.

It's too late to apply damage control, Ratman.

>So yes, this is my frigging mailing list dammit, I'm not about to sit by and
>watch people band together to say what a jerk I am. You can't tell me you
>wouldn't do the same thing.

Actually, I wouldn't be taking away the list in the first place. I'd
just let it fix itself, eventually. And if that didn't work, I'd help
to start a thread that would get people's minds back on-topic.

Also, Ratman, I'd sit and take my medicine for my past misdeeds, rather
than editing them all away and trying to shift the blame onto someone
else. If -I- thought someone had said something bad about me, I'd take
issue with them in a logical, scientific fashion, proving that what the
other person(s) said was incorrect.

In closing, if this be the message that stopped this list prematurely, so
be it. It will only make my resolution to win a new list stronger. I
will not cowtow to you again.

Joe.

--
FurryMUCK: furry.org 8888 (Joe_Fox) | Joseph deLaCroix hk512_at_po.cwru.edu
SPR: svansmoj.ctrl-c.liu.se (Joe) | The CDA is bad. http://www.eff.com/