MY important notice to RAT (pleez read)

From: Doug LoConti <mighty_at_en.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 01:31:23 +0000

> On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, THADDEUS BOYD wrote:
>
> > THIS, Rat, is a low blow. I JUST GOT BACK, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD, AND NOW
> > THIS!!! Now, I know I said I'd try not to attack your authority or
> > anything like that, but the Mettle thing I got kicked-off for had a real
> > REASON, whereas THIS...well, I don't see one here. This whole THING is
> > ridiculous...whether they have an excuse or NOT, some people just aren't
> > going to CARRY a.f.s-h, whereas EVERYBODY'S got E-MAIL. In any case,
> > there's nothing I can do to STOP you, but STILL, this is ridiculous.
>
> It is ridiculous for you to assume that I owe you this service. Lack of
> appreciation like this makes me wish I had shut it down sooner. Though I can
> only hope you and your attitude is in the minority.

Rat, let's be sensable: the government, (for example,) doesn't OWE us
the privlidge to drive, (it IS a priv., federal roads and all,) but
if you woke up tomarrow and heard an announcement, "This is Bill
Twiton, you can no longer drive-any of you!" Wouldn't you be a bit
pissed? So it's natural to assume that people WILL be pissed, or sad
to say the least. And why make someone sad? Tell me how to set up a
list and it'll become MY responsibility, if it's really too much to
ask from you.

> > Yes, I KNOW I posted this to the list, but I assumed that THIS topic is
> > something important, with which the other users would agree.
>
> It doesn't matter anyway since the list is going away soon.

You don't seem to care. You always (have had) this chip on your
shoulder. Mind explaining why? I'm not trying to be mean, but I
just want to reason this thing out, find another way for it to live
on. I'm trying to show dedication. Help me this once, and it will
forever more atone you, (no longer be your problem.) So...?