Re: Sonic X-Treme 4 Saturn Review

From: THADDEUS BOYD <AHVT94B_at_prodigy.com>
Date: Sat May 11 02:28:39 1996

>> Well, as I've explained in at least two of my stories (The Hunt Begins >and
>> Jaded Views come to mind), there are several types of rings, including
>> Magic Rings, Power Rings, Teleportation Rings, and Kabuki's Jaded Ring >(the
>> significance of which, for those who haven't figured it out, will be
>> revealed in my next story, Ground Zero).
>> ><
>>

> This brings to mind something I've been pondering a while. In the
>games, we have all these rings all over the place just hanging there to
>be grabbed. In the cartoon, and many fanfics (not *quite* sure what
>Archie is planning to use as the ring origon) we have the rings made by
>Uncle Chuck (who, for a guy who's best known for his chili dogs, is
>apparently a super-genius physicist and engineer).
> The difference, and the solution, though, is fairly simple--the
>rings that occur in the zones are *Magic* rings, likely a by-product of
>the same source that produces the chaos emeralds (which are another whole
>ball of wax, considering that the games and such have only 12 emeralds (6
>regular and 6 'super'), but the fanfics and the comic have them by the
>truckloads. ;-) )--however, the ones made by Uncle Chuck are always
>called *Power* Rings...possibly an attempt to duplicate or harness magic
>rings? Anyway, that's my two Mobians on the subject...
> Chris Forsyth

EXACTLY. Oh, and FYI, there are *14* Emeralds in the games (15, counting
the Master Emerald), not just 12. As for the thing about thousands of
Emeralds mentioned in the comix, that kinda stymied my ideas for a bit, but
I've worked out an explanation for THAT, too. If I ever get around to
posting my interpretation of the early years of Mobius (a la The
Silmarillion, by JRR Tolkien), all will be revealed...

><

'Nuff Said.