Sonic X-Treme 4 Saturn Review

From: <SUPERSTH_at_AOL.COM>
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 17:00:29 -0400

Although I know everyone has been talking about this game
4 a VERY long time, I just got the latest issue of Game Players
magazine (I read and am subscribed to several mags) and it has
a World Exclusive (yeah right) review of Sonic for Saturn!

Just for those who haven't been able to get their hands on this
mag yet, I've decided to give some highlights of the
four-page (and what a sweet 4 it is) Sonic section...

[Sonic's new abilities:
SpinBash: A quick forward attack modified from the Spindash
SpinSlash: A mid-air, 360 degree attack
Ring Throwing: Just what you've always wanted Sonic to be able to do.

The Story-Line: Sonic Saves The Day

The new story intoduces two new characters - one, an old man named
Professor Gazebo Boobowski and the second, his daughter named
Tiara B. Neither character is playable in the game but they are both
well-represented in the game's cinematics and there is always the
possibilitiy of future involvement in later adventures.

(Just a little note from me, SUPER STH: Cinematics... YES!!! And
Tiara's a hot lookin' Hedgehog... uh oh, Sally...)

As with every great hero, Sonic's greatest joy in life comes from saving
his friends from the clutches of evil, and in Sonic X-Treme, very little
has changed! At the beginning of the game, we find Sonic doing a
little surfing when he sees the Bluestreak distress signal in the sky.
The signal is coming from Professor Gazebo Boobowski and his daughter
Tiara B (Sonic in drag? You make the call). Keepers of the six magical
Rings of Order, and the castle wherein they practice the anchient art
of ring smithing,

(Another note from me: THEY do ring smithing? But I thought Chuck
was the only one... hmmmmm....)

Boobowski and Tiara are in fear that Dr. Robotnik, Sonic's archnemesis
(duh), is after their precious rings. Dr. Robotnik has, at this point,
already
made one attempt at stealing the Rings of Order. It is determined that only
Sonic can fight off Robotnik's attempt and to do so, he will need to collect
the six rings himself. From there, Sonic sets off to gather the six magic
Rings of Order, battling Robotnik's Badniks along the way. Just another
say in the life of a super hedgehog.]

There is MUCH more to the article than this, so to those of you who are
interested (I would be if I was you), go to the store and buy it!

P.S: It's real easy to find... it's got a big picture of Sonic on the cover.

SUPER STH_at_aol.com

"Hi. My name's Sonic, and I'm a ringaholic. Somebody help me!" - Sonic