Re: Fan-Fiction Short Stories

From: Lye Victor <vicl_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 00:17:25 +0800

Yesterday I actually sent my short stories to this mailing list , and
apparently got the address wrong . Anyway , today I read that stuff about not
posting fan fic to the list , so I guess that's out of the question . (
Apologies to whomever recieved those rather lengthy documents) .

Anyway , seeing that the Sonic web page ( http://rat.org/sonic/) isn't going
to be updated till around May , I thought I'd just "advertise" for my stories
here instead , so that those who think they (the stories) sound ok can
e-mail me , and I'll send a copy to those interested . I just wrote them a
while back , and I'm new to this whole thing .

Read the stuff below , and if any of the stories catch your interest and if you
don't want to wait till May to get them , e-mail me at vicl_at_pacific.net.sg for
a copy , which you will receive within a day or two from the time you contacted
me .

The following work is entirely original , to the best of my knowledge . As I've
said , I only recently started in this stuff , so people might have done this
before without me knowing ...

# 1 : Temporal Trouble

David Prower ( Tails' cybernetic brother created by fanfic author Shawn Wolski )
is apparently lost during a freak accident , and Rotor has to find him . Sonic
admits his "dislike" for the cyberfox .

Personal Note : I can't really go into detail for this story , since elaborating
further would really spoil it .

# 2 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part One

This story would probably fit in the Alternate Sonic Universes section of the
Sonic web page ( in the category "Bloodlines" is in )

This story revolves around Tails . The two tailed fox is fed up with the way the
Freedom Fighters treat him like a child . That however is about to change .
While on a long walk , comtemplating on that fact , Tails' loses his way , is
confronted and nearly killed by a wild animal , but is saved just in time by a
mysterious creature , who upon finding out who Tails is , leads him to meet
a person Tails never thought still existed . That person leaves Tails a legacy
the fox had never even dreamt of ....
Now with a devastating power backing Tails , the fox loses control of himself
temporarily , due to unforseen circumstances . During that time , Tails creates
big problems for Snively , who is now intent on catching and killing Tails ....

This is just a short description which does not cover all the parts of the
story .

# 3 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part Two

This part of the story covers part of Tails' attempt at mastering his "gift" ,
with aid from unexpected sources .

This part is rather short , so I can't go into detail

# 4 : Of Foxes and Sorcery - Part Three

This concludes the "Of Foxes and Sorcery" story . Snively goes into full swing
to capture Tails , causing dire side effects in the process . Though his
original plan fails , circumstances created by the failure leaves room for a
secondary plan for Snively to capture the menace . Tails is eventually lured
to Robotropolis , due to circumstances beyond his control ... lured to the
trap that Snively has prepared for him .

This story had several references to violence ( not that much ) , and may not
agree with everyone . In my opinion , the story might also be considered
slightly depressing .... but you decide for yourself .

# 5 : As the Wheel Turns

This story is set in the future , ten years after Snively's defeat . Mobius
is once again peaceful , but an important decision that its rulers have to make
might just have dire consequences ....

Like "Temporal Trouble" , I cannot reveal too much about this story . It is
however , in my opinion , quite an ok one ....

So , e-mail me if the stories interest you . The longest is Of Foxes and
Sorcery Part III ( about 8 pages ) , the shortest is Part II of the same story
( 2 pages ) .

Happy reading !

Aaron Lye
vicl_at_pacific.net.sg