Re: Sega

From: Doug LoConti <mighty_at_en.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 18:58:32 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Steve Avery wrote:

> I hate to be a pessimist, but this seems too good to be true. A Sonic game,
> apparently for the pc, it's free, it's based on the tv show, and it has it's
> own mailing list? Seems a bit too perfect to me.

I hate to be an optimist, (and this will be the LASt off-topic post: the
only reason for it is because I am sick of this project getting torn
apart, as I have already privately e-mailed the individual who wrote the
flame below & gave him a piece of my mind,) we have been working long and
hard on this game. I personally would know this. Our love for the Sonic
cartoon & joy in programming, music making, etc, is what drives us to do
it. The sick lust for money is NOT what drives us. I personaly
understand that there are many people in this world, driven by the sick
lust for money-not us.

> >Listen up 'Mighty' (Mouse)
> >I hope that this isn't some rumour, for your sake.
> >You should be roboricized if it is, 'cause I hate , I REALLY hate it when
> >someone gets my hopes up and they let me down.
>
> Me too. At first I thought it might be some list-owner just trying to get us
> to join his list for the Playstation game, but now I don't think so.

        Listen, I've seen demos galore, and you can take that for what it
is. If you don't like it, we don't have a gun to your head. Simply
don't play it when it comes out. And if you DO change your mind, and
decide to be a little more open to the fact that we are not idiots and
can program as well (if not better than) any adult programmers, you can
join the METTLE mailing list and discuss your problems with the game
there. Not here. That goes for anyone.... I am quite sure Ratman is
getting sick and tired of postings about crap like ACii drawings, game
discussions: just stuff people don't want their mail boxes clustered
with. So, any other comments, send `em over ("mighty_at_en.com") and I will
deal with you personally. Any game disscussions, take it to mettle. End
of story, case closed.

-Mighty, over and out

PS- flames will not be tollerated....I will not take them lightly, and if
you keep flaming me (or any friends on this list...) let's just say do
not take my words lightly.

PPS-Ratman, sorry bout' the off-topic post. But people have gone too far..