Re: Behind the scenes and submitting stories

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 10:05:46 -0500 (EST)

>From: Benny7dude_at_aol.com
>Subject: Re: Behind The Scenes

>You never identified yourself as writer Ken Penders...

It took me a second, but I figured it out :^)

I hope Ken doesn't take personally any of the criticism of his stories and
art that's shown up here on the list, which leads me to my next comments:

>From: Benny7dude_at_aol.com
>Subject: comic story submissions

>You should know that, in general, there are just not enough hours in the
>day for an editor to even hope to be able to read a 10 page submission
>(especially Sonic-- which is more than a full time job-- I know, I used
>to edit it and the work load as well as dealing with SEGA was never-ending).

I hope the sense of creating something entertaining made/makes up for all the
work, but I can't help feel that the list conveys a sense of never being
able to please us - if it's not the stories, it's the art, etc.

Please know that your efforts _are_ appreciated; Sonic is the only
regularly published furry comic out these days, and given that you have to
make money on it (i.e., meet tough schedules), plus please a wide age range,
plus deal with the owners of the characters, _almost_ makes me glad I'm in
the locomotive building business vs. the comic publishing business (OTOH,
I seldom hear praise from _our_ customers (and managers) either - the
locomotives are late, too expensive, or unreliable, etc.).

Keep up the good work!

Ron Bauerle