Re: Joe's Bi-Monthly Yellin'

From: Ratman <rat_at_rat.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 09:48:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Kris Kelley wrote:

> > IMO, a healthy boyfriend-girlfriend (or whatever) relationship is not
> > purely mental in basis. Sure, it's usually best if such a relationship
> > *is* grounded firmly in mutual interests and whatnot, but let's face
> > facts; we're mammals. We don't reproduce by budding, okay? We're
> > sexual animals, after all, and we all feel the primal urge at one time
> > or another. Naturally, this should be fodder in any realistic look
> > at Mobius for a few stories.
>
> But that isn't what these characters were created for. Understand this:
> Mobius and its inhabitants exist in *fiction*. How they act and what they
> do is entirely up to the creators of these characters. To fly off the
> handle and have these characters doing what the authors never intended for
> them to do, and then try to cover it in the shroud of 'realism'... that feels
> very cold.

I don't see what the big deal is. Why can't people have imaginations? Why do
fanfic writers have to stick with what the origional authors intended? I can
understand you not wanting to read about it, but you are acting like it's
somehow "wrong" that fanfic writers get off course.

> > It's a part of human (and Mobian) nature to desire physical and mental
> > love, fellas.
>
> I'll believe that when the characters creators say that.

Again, why does it matter what the creators say?
Would it be better if they put a big disclaimer at the top saying
"non-standard Sonic universe" ?

email: rat_at_rat.org WWW : http://rat.org FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub