Re: Sonic FAQ File 1/5

From: Ron Bauerle <BAUERLE_at_engr.erie.ge.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 18:26:00 -0400 (EDT)

>From: Ratman <rat_at_granite.mv.net>

>I still question the practice of posting large documents to the mailing list.
>We keep it at the FTP site, isn't that enough? It doesn't matter to me since
>I don't have to download all the mail I get, but for people who have Eudora
>or whatever, and have to download all the mail they get, it must be a bummer
>for them.

Good point; I'm always fighting disk space problems myself, so all I do is
read the what's new section and then delete the mail. I suspect that the
list is now stable enough that all Dan really needs to do is send out just
the what's new section with a pointer to the FTP site and/or a note to
e-mail him for the complete FAQs.

This is not meant to knock Dan or his efforts at compiling and maintaining
the FAQs - I do appreciate it, but I really only care about the new stuff.

RDB