Re: Final Vote

From: Paul Hurley <rat_at_granite.mv.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 16:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, JOHN MANKOWSKI wrote:

> humm i was just thinking that we could try all the difrent paces and see
> what everyone wants. I mean first we try IRC then Furtoonia and then
> IRCT and so on. then we see what everyone liked the best. I can't
> moderate a meeting in Furtoonia till I get my chrector if the vote is
> changed I will send for one. Maby you could moderate a furtoonia one of
> your own. Think about ti

IRC
advantages: easier to use. more people have access to it.
disadvantages: people can take over the channel.

Furtoonia
advantages: there is a knothole set up, which can make it more fun
disadvantages: harder to use. takes a bit of getting used to.

> BTW:how does someone take over and kick everyone off in IRC?

Easy. If you get ops, you can kick everyone off. And you can ride a netsplit
in to get ops. I dont' want keep going on about such an off-topic thing, but
trust me, It's not hard. If we have a meeting on IRC, I'll demonstrate it.

Work: paul_at_mv.mv.com | Play: rat_at_rat.org
WWW : http://rat.org/rat | FTP : ftp://rat.org/pub