Re: Mecha Sonic, Princess Sally

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 08:57:28 -0400 (EDT)

> Now for a theory I thought up on Sonic's brain. It is called the
> Sonic's Cranium Catastrophy. To reply, on the subject put Sonic's Cranium.
> Ok, here is the theory: Sonic travels at various increadable speeds. Now
> when he stops, it is almost imediate. So his brain would hit the inside of
> his skull a lot. This could be the reason he is so rude, impatient and so
> slow minded. Does anyone agree?

'Fraid I have to disagree. Rude Sonic may be, impatient is a given, but
"slow-minded"? That's not only an insult, it's too far out of
character. It's the impatience, the refusal to noodle things through,
that causes Sonic to act rashly at times. Not the Mobian equivalent of
"playing football without a helmet."

> Has anyone tryed to start a petition to make them create more
> cartoons? Hey, with a little work we might get the cartoon back!

ABC may be a lost cause at this point, certainly for the '95-96 season.
Then again, it was reported in rec.arts.animation (by no less a honcho
than Mark Evanier, producer of "Garfield and Friends" and frequent
contributor to the r.a.a fun and games) that the ABC kidvid execs who
committed the network to showing a series based on "Dumb and Dumber"
have gotten the sack. Any kind of letter-writing campaign would have to
be a 3-pronged one: writing to ABC, DiC and Sega. Who knows, maybe by
the 96-97 season Morphin' mania will have run its course as well.

> Oh, are the novels any good? Er, novellas....are there any NOVELS?
> 100 pages is a little short for me. And I haven't seen any graphic novels,
> are there any out there?

Of the Teitelbaum books, "Fortress of Fear" is, I think, the best
written. "Sonic the Hedgehog" and "Friend or Foe" rely too much on
reworking established plotlines. I doubt there are any graphic novels
out there.

> One last question, how old is Antoine?

He was about the same age as the other kids in "Blast to the Past" so
I'd put him in his mid-teens as well.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled rodent.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu