Re: Yet Another (New?) Theory on Sonic's speed?

From: Dan Drazen <drazen_at_andrews.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 15:52:30 -0400 (EDT)

> Whoa. If I remember right, in one episode Tails asks Sonic why he's
> the only one who can use the Rings, and Sonic replies that his UNcle
> Chuck made them for him (i.e. Sonic). That seems to suggest that
> Sonic's speed was extant before the Rings were, and the rings were made
> specifically to augment Sonic's speed. I'll rate this a 4 myself,
> because of that little inconsistency...
> rob

According to the literature (i.e., the original 4-issue run of the
comix). Uncle Chuck was indeed the inventor of the power rings, though
HOW they work remains unexplained, as well as why they only work for
Sonic. So the mentioning of Uncle Chuck is canonical if you accept the
comix as well as Teitelbaum as source material. Sonic could have been
fast pre-rings and way past fast post-ring if you know what I mean.
Like I said in another post, I'm working on it.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled hedgehog.
|| |\__-- /\ _- || Daniel J. Drazen
|| | / __ _ || drazen_at_andrews.edu