Re: Now, That's just DANDY. (grrr)

From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <"Erich>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 1995 18:53:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 28 Feb 1995, Robert Haynie wrote:

> Great. Just great. One of the few non-superhero-type cartoon I can
> stomach-- in fact, one of the best period-- and it dies. Well, we
> chould have seen it coming, guys. After all, at i's present (and
> original) time-slots, it was being pitched towards kiddie type
> audiences, while being written at a more mature level.

Not necessarily. You could say much the same about "Animaniacs".
Similar time slot problem (but with the advantage of weekday broadcasts)
and a lot of humor that little kids won't understand. And to its
disadvantage, the Fox network still has less coverage than ABC, CBS, and
NBC do. Yet there are 69 A episodes which have been on Fox for years.

> Well, who knows... they could change heir minds, and maybe the
> poster was working on incomplete or erroneous info.

That's true. And who says DIC can't pitch the show to another network
(including a cable network), or go to syndication? Just imagine:
something brand new on USA's "Cartoon Express". And they could use this
to build a whole line-up of new shows. A number of prime time shows did
better in syndication than on the network, and this could be another
program to do the same (except it's not prime time, of course).

-- Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) + Team OS/2 -------------------------------
| A net.freedom-fighter for Mobius! |
| "Freedom Fighters are #1 !" -- Sonic the Hedgehog |
---acme_at_use.usit.net + eschulman_at_delphi.com---------------------------