Re: All the locations on Mobius

From: Paul Gettle <pgettle_at_hubcap.clemson.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 1995 09:10:03 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 12 Feb 1995, Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 wrote:

> Date: Sun, 12 Feb 1995 01:47:52 -0500 (EST)
> From: Erich Schulman (KTN4CA) -- Team OS/2 <acme_at_use.usit.net>
> To: Post Sonic <sonic_at_sard.mv.net>
> Subject: All the locations on Mobius
>
> On the cartoon, we often hear about quadrants and sectors, and Nicole
> sometimes gives us information about places too.
>
> Does DIC do any location planning when preparing new scripts? Or has
> Sega already done it? Ultimately, is it possible to draw a map of
> Mobius? Obviously, a map would need to be drawn in such a way that it
> won't reveal exactly where Knothole is, just in case Robotnik or Snively
> should get their hands on one. But we net.freedom-fighters can keep a
> secret.

I don't know, it seems to me that there's one simple rule that DIC uses
to come up with new locations:
Pick some kind of terrain (Forest, Swamp, Jungle, Mountains)
Add the word "Great" in front of it. (the Great Forest)

I know that this isn't the rule that they use 100% of the time, but
still, it's kinda funny that Mobius has all its greatest land features in
such close proximity.

     -- Paul Gettle

"You're wrong. I'm right. As usual." -- Princess Sally