Re: Why Canceled?

From: Pastmaster <gvvy03_at_snowcrest.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 1996 18:54:00 -0700

>>1) Turner's original reason was that the show wasn't
>>moving enough merchandise (probably due to the fact that there wasn't
>>much merchandise to be moved)
>
>Which make Apple Computer's marketing people looked like a bunch of genius
>compared to the ones that handle the Kats merchandising.

It makes docters and lawers and attorneys (same thing) look intelligent
compaired to what Ted did! Don't be so nice!!!

>>2) Turner looked at the show and decided
>>it was too violent
>
>Well, I think that if SWAT Kats is a really violent show and it make a lot
>money, he probably will never cancel it. Maybe it's the money part that he
>think of. I think that SWAT Kats is no more violent than your average
>live-action action/adventure TV shows.

That's probably it right there. In the U.S. The most violent cartoon not
animated in Japan was Batman (But I detect some anime features about that).
Cartoons over here usually aren't violent, unless the violence translates to
being funny. Since SWAT Kats has humor that is excersized in the real world
and has an anime animation background (it was made in Japan), it corolates
to meaning that Ted finds the realism unorthidox for small children, which
love the violence that SWAT Kats brings.

Translation: Ted thinks that SWAT Kats should be a reminecant of Barney (The
hatable purple !$#_at_head)

>>3) Turner needed the money to promote other
>>shows such as Jonny Quest (especially the new one) and his "baby" - Capt.
>>Planet.
>
>Could be. He know that there is a lot of Jonny Quest fans out there, and
>all that stuff about saving the enviroment would sell since that people
>these days have been thinking a lot about the enviroment. What he doesn't
>realize is, there is another source of income that might bring him a lot of
>money in the future.

But then again, Ted's more out of touch with the world than even I am! Look,
I like watching older television shows, but only the classics. The ones, my
parrents would love to see again. But he puts on stuff even our stupidist
dog, Summer, whines and tries to leave the room when a Turner station is on.
(she usually just lays down and sleeps when the TV's on!)

>>Most likely the only truth on the subject we'll ever know is that
>>Turner's an idiot who didn't know a good thing when he had it.
>
>Now that is the source of income that he doesn't realize.

But you don't get it, do you? Just what event that happens every two years?
What event takes place in the winter one year, and in the summer two years
later? What is everyone looking forward to? What is everyone sponsoring? The
Olympics are taking place in Atlanta, Georga, U.S.A., this year. You can
tell that somehow Ted is involved in the Olympics being held in his
hometown. Somehow he's getting a ton of money over this. Ted isn't losing
anything. He's loosing millions in broadcasting, but is making it up by
having the Olympics in his home town. It's just a hunch, but all the peices
fit all too well.......
Ryan "The guy who surfed the Internet and was sucked into Cyberspace!" [Your
nickname here:] Kelley
SWAT Kats Ultra Super Mega Extremist fanatic... anime fan.
"The whole world should watch 'Freakazoid!' " -Kristin Schaeffer
"You've watched too much 'Freakazoid!' " -Pastmaster