Re: Licensing and Synergy

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 17:53:47 -0700

Ed wrote:

>They haven't. And yes, they do botch a property now and then (like "A
>Goofy Movie" last year), but in general they've got the best record
>in the business, bar none. Warner Brothers is close.

AGM is among the very best movies that *any* Disney arm has ever
brought out. Who'd have thought that I could grow to like Max and the Goof
after DA's "Goof Troop". Lots of character stuff in that flick.

>Disney wasn't there, and Mattel was there as a licensor :(. Still,
>got good info on the various upcoming animated features (Dreamworks
>wasn't there either), lots of literature, various freebies, and tons
>of food (Sailor Moon ice cream bars! :).

For those of us not Geographically Disadvantaged, the SanDiego Comicon
occurs from July 4th thru the 7th at the San Diego Convention Center, and
I believe Turner's showing up with bells on. Last year they were asked
a number of questions by reporters from rec.arts.animation who'd spent the
better part of a year listening to all of us spout off about the 'Kats, and if
any of us are so inclined, perhaps they could do the same this year.