Re:War on Atlanta!

From: Brother Buford <buford_at_halifax.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 23:44:07 -0400

Ted is very confused by the turn of events...

Ted: Fred! Get up! Help me!

Dr. McCoy, looking at the body of Fred: He's dead, Jim.

Ted, looking out of window: You'll pay for this, katfans!

Brother Buford, previously hidden in the katfan crowd, suddenly has an
inspiration. He leaps into his 1975 Plymouth and flicks on the CB radio.

Buford: Breakah, breakah 1-9...[imagine a southern accent] I'm lookin' for
Nickolas Inge... come in Nick.

chance, looking over his shoulder: What are you doing? We've got him
going. What are you trying to do?

Buford: I'm just calling for Nicki Inge, a former kat-hater who now
sympathizes with our cause. He's a JROTC Battalion Commander and a crack
shot. Jus' what we need for ol' Tedster.

Edo, looking up: Everybody down! Ted's striking back!

Wheeler, in the Planeteer airplane thingy: I thought you had been warned!
Fire!

<a streak of flame passes over the katfans' heads>

chance: We have no choice. Let *our* powers combine! _More Katseps!_

Ryan: _Rant 'n' Rave!_

Terra: _Blood!_

Doc Conway: _Age & Excess Body Fat!_

Brother Buford: _Chicken Sandwich!_

<katfans look at each other with puzzled looks>

katfans: *Chicken Sandwich?!*

Brother Buford: Alright, alright! I couldn't think of anything!

<colored streaks come from the hands of the five, meeting above in the air>

Kaptain Katmandu: By your powers combined (and the chicken sandwich) I am
Kaptain Katmandu, helper of katfans everywhere!

Ted, puzzled: What next?!

While this is going on, a blue Jeep Cherokee pulls up next to a flaming
barrel on the frontlines without Ted noticing. A guy wearing an Army shirt
and a boonie hat gets out with a .22 Mag rifle under his arm. Ted does not
notice this.

Ted: Kaptain Katmandu! What a joke! Why don't you call your beloved SWAT
Kats?

Brother Buford: Yeah, it is kinda dumb. [aside] Nice diversion, though.

With this, Kaptain Katmandu disappears into thin air.

Without a sound, the sniper draws a bead on Ted's right temple. Ka-POW!
The bullet's aim is true and lodges deep in the Tedster's head.

Nicki Inge: Got 'em!

Ted: Aaaaagh! The...the...the power is yours...is yours...yours...is
you...yours...

chance runs up to the wall of the building as the Tedster falls from his
window and hits the ground.

Terra: What? No blood?

chance: That's odd.

Just then, a tape and a spring pop out of a hidden compartment under the
Tedster's suit coat.

chance: Oh no! This isn't the *real* Ted! It's only a robot like the rest
of Tedco! We have to find the real Ted!

-----====[To be continued...]====-----