Re: Miscellaneous ramblings

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 20:13:25 -0700

>What's your rank, if you don't mind me asking? I'm suprised your CO let's
>you do stuff like this! (Unless, of course, you _are_ the CO!)

Oh, I'm CO of all I survey - chiefly because I personally own these things
and rent them out to movies infrequently. It's kinda like 1:1 scale modelling
that you can drive - with the added carrot of tons o' fun camping out, "Exhibitor"
status at airshows and the like, and the odd paycheque from the movie folks.
There's a wacky-pack of about 40 of us in Vancouver that belong to a
"Military Vehicle Collectors Club", and it's from this group of do-it-yourself
prop suppliers that "X-Files", "Sentinel" and lord-knows-how-many movies
draw their Army vehicles from. We're getting a Chuck Norris flick shooting up
here come August, and the early rumour is that they're going to need everything
"green on wheels" that they can get their hands on. (Suits me, though more
often than not they make us mask up little icons like my "SwatKats" pic
if they're going to wind up in shot.)

>>(I was thinking of getting the 'Kat guys put on the back of one of them
>> WWII "Flying Tiger" style leather jackets, but I can't think how to go
>> about doing that. Now *that* would be an outstanding piece of kit!)
>
>Hmm.. I'd been thinking about something like this also. The closest I could
>come to a solution was to somehow transfer a print onto an embroidery cloth.
>(My printer can print on fabric sheets, but I haven't tried this yet.)
>Then, do the cross-stitching & sew it onto the jacket somehow.

Thought about that after seeing the 1941 AVG Flying Tigers "Blood Chit"
being offered for similar use at a Convention I was at in Portland. I think
they somehow put them on silk during the war, but I can't think how one
would go about doing that nowadays without the cooperation of the
worms themselves. Silk does tend to jam up the Color Printer so!

(I wonder if one of the Bootleg T-Shirt Palaces in Seedytown would have
 any ideas???)