Re: Katmandu, etc.

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:54:43 -0700

>In a message dated 11:55 PM 6/19/96, Edo Andromedo wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, Michael J Rider wrote:
>>> Was it? Crud, I didn't notice. I wonder if there has been some
>>>crossfertilization between the Tremblays and Carole Curtis there or if it's
>>>just a 'coincidence.'
>>
>>I wonder if the Tremblay's were furry fans.
>
> Could be. Does anyone know?

Well, evidently they didn't respond to kindly to pointed "Callie" questions, but
I got entirely different results when talking to them about various other
furry-efforts that seem to have more-or-less been canonized by fur-fans.
I brought up "Secret of NIMH", and Christian didn't like it at all (probably
because he seems to be somewhat of a perfectionist, and could see where
considerable improvement could've been made). Other efforts like
"Rock-A-Doodle" garnered largely unprintable replies, but then you just
have to take one look at the 'Kats to see why. Do I want to see "Rock-A-Doodle"
Redux, or a "SwatKats" movie? Not hard to see where their priorities lie.

I wish I knew a bit more about the Film Roman efforts. I believe at least one
of them falls within the Furry purview.

(Oh, BTW to Turner lurkers and interested others: e-me for a broad-based
  definition of all things "Furry". Exon has created a hysteria based on
  .0000001 percent of those interested in animal characters, and I should
   hate to think others share this definition out of blind ignorance.)