Re: Miscellaneous ramblings

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 18:18:13 -0700

>Hmm.. anyone else make any SK items for yourself (since Ted no longer does)?
>I made a t-shirt with an iron-on transfer. It turned out pretty good!
>
>-Matt

Dunno if this counts, but on the sides of my army vehicles I like to have
"mascots" painted just in front of the 'doors' - usually about 8 inches square -
and sorta along the lines of those "Felix the Cat" pics you used to see on WWII
bombers 'n' stuff. I've got "Ravage" from the "Transformers" on my
M37 Troop truck, "Raphael" from TMNT on my Comms truck, and
put Razor and T-Bone on my M151 Jeep. They look really cool, and
generate *packs* of comments from the peasants when we're in parades
and on movie sets and junk. Not too many of my fellow Canucks know
anything about the 'Kats, but Stateside folks pick 'em out fairly readily.
I'll probably be taking the Kats-painted vehicle to the Whidbey Is. NAS
airshow at the end of the month. Be interesting to see how many WA
State residents recognize the Kats.

(I was thinking of getting the 'Kat guys put on the back of one of them
 WWII "Flying Tiger" style leather jackets, but I can't think how to go
 about doing that. Now *that* would be an outstanding piece of kit!)