Barry G. on Jack Benny show (slightly off-topic)

From: DJ Clawson <djclawson_at_garden.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 20:53:10 -0400

   I just went to the Museum of Television and Radio today in NYC, and if
you're everin NYC check it out. It's a cool museum (even though there's
nothing on radio in it). They have archives where you can pull up all kinds
of old and new shows and watch 'em on a private screen.
   I only had time for one, and a quick computer search told me this: no
SWAT Kats (who was I kidding?), no seaQuest, no Underdog, no X-files, no
MANTIS, no Highlander . . . the list goes on and on. Anyway, I looked up
Charlie Adler and Barry Gordon, being you *could* search for names. Adler's
search gave me two Flintstone/TCN specials where he had only a minor role.
Gordon's search gave me about 11 listings, most of them PAC MAN episodes,
and two Jack Benny shows. I chose the one that specified a large part for Barry.
   So I got to see what he looked like. For those of you who don't know,
he's a short, chubby. At the time he had slicked back black hair (short) and
sideburns, but the show I saw was in black and white, so old that G-d knows
what he looks like now. The only thing that irked me was he didn't have a
speaking role in the whole show--it was a large but silent part. I've never
been able to imagine anyone with Razor's voice coming out of their mouth, so
that was basically why I was watching the show. Next time I go back, I'll
have to check out the other episode.

Dr. Jake Clawson
(djclawson_at_garden.net)
(XXRJ13C_at_prodigy.com)
         "Accidents are conspiricies we don't know about."
                                   -Anonymous