Re: Summer tour (slightly off-topic)

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 22:57:42 -0700

Ed perused his wall and offered:

>What would you like, dear? A sabre or two (or 5 or 6)? Perhaps one of my
>6' long 10 lb Landsknechter doppelhandschwerten? A simple medieval knight's
>sword? Roman gladius? I even have a Japanese Model 1905 cavalry
>sabre, which has a katana-like blade and is quite light and handy
>and should be ideal for you....
>
>BTW, I'm not joking. I did say I collect "stuff", without specifying
>the "stuff" :)

(Chance inventories his wall...)

Or, if you want to go the more modern route, how about a TOW missile,
an M-72 LAW rocket ("yo Ted...I'm here to lay down the LAW!!"), Browning
M2 .50 cal....M59 or M26 grenade...Hell...how about an 81mm Mortar??
If you're into gravity, how about dropping a 300 lb. AN/GRC-8 tank
radio on him from the balcony at "Tara"? Aim carefully. I ain't packin' it up
the stairs twice.

Nah...they're all too noisy and you'd wake Jane. Stick with the cutlery.

(Unless you want to do it Razor and T-Bone style. A friend in the states
  has an F-86 and an A-6 at his disposal. They could perform a fly-past in
  tribute to Ted's business acumen and then do a Valu-Jet into the veranda
  at the last moment. Works for me.)