Big fan, pics, and sound?

From: Edo Andromedo <macsonic_at_rad.net.id>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:46:53 +0700

Subject: Re: Ages of listmembers, Feral and some junk.
On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Doc Conway wrote:
>On Thu, 13 Jun 1996, chance wrote:
>>So now, we've definatly determined the oldest one here, who's the biggest
>>maniac over SWAT Kats? Currently, I've got a whole wall nearly full of
>>computer generated images, my computer is usually in SWAT Kats colors...

Doc, I think Ryan is the one who wrote that.

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Doc Conway wrote:
>Oh yeah?
>
>How many of you have a Swat Kats character named after you?

You got a point there.

Speaking of character named after a fan, I think that Andy once told me (In
one of my first days on this list) on the list that someone else on this
list once offered the same thing by the Tremblay brothers. Who is the lucky
guy anyway?

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Ratman wrote:
>Yes, you are one lucky dude.
>I think i'd fall over dead if a character in a cartoon I loved was named
>after me.

Paul Hurley or Ratman?

----
Subject: Re: PUT UP SOME ABI PICS!

On Fri, 14 Jun 1996 Arthur John Freda wrote:
> If I had my new computer, You'd see about 10 pics of each
>character up on rat! Maybe you can wait until I dig up another $600.00?

I think that we can judge on how popular the character on SWAT Kats are by
counting on how many pictures of them in rat.org/pub/kats/images/tv.

BTW, I just grabbed one Ab pic, should I send it to DJ or Rat?

----
On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Arthur John Freda wrote:
>Anyone want to help me start a SWAT Kats sound bites mailing list? Just
>send me your e-mail address, and you'll recieve a Microsoft ADPCM WAV
>file approx. every day.

I think sending a list of all the WAVs that you got is suefficient enough.
And if they want to get your WAV, they can send a request for that
particular WAV. Getting binaries files everytime you check your mailbox
isn't a very pretty sight.

>All that you need is an ADPCM wav player (Windows
>Sound Recorder works).

ACK! ADPCM WAV file.

>For Macs, try and find a Microsoft WAV player.

I got it! I finaly got it! I finaly got the darn thing.

>To quote a certain hedgehog, "I'm waiting!"
----
Oh yeah, I got a question, since that everybody has been talking about Gary
Owens lately, isn't he the narrator in "Space Quest 6: The Spinal Frontier"
(a game). Then again, maybe it just another guy who happen to have the name
Gary Owens and sounded like Feral/Space Ghost.

BTW, what will happen in the future if SWAT Kats do get revive, will we see
other names voicing for the characters that we all loved?

Edo Andromedo email : macsonic_at_rad.net.id