Re: hi

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 22:47:56 -0700

>Yep, you're correct - Erin O'Connell (two "l"'s ) IS 32 - and proud
>of it! " You're only as old as you think you are (if you think at
>all). If you act as old as you think you are - you'll feel ten feet
>tall."
>
>I think that was Papa Smurf.

Ugh. Little blue guys in bad lids. Makes me wish Gargamel gained 200 lbs. at
their expense. I think "Are we there yet, Papa Smurf??" had it's origins among
the artists working on that show looking forward to the end of their contracts
at ep. 65.

>Actually, Terra, you'd better watch it...the body may be 32, but the
>mind's still waitin' to hit the teen years. : )

An awful lot of the people I talk/write to in the Cartoon biz at all levels seem
to fit in the same category. When you talk to Christian Tremblay or anyone
at the art or writing end-of-things concerning Kats or whatever, you get the
idea that people on either side of these programs have a lot in common; primarily
the fact that regardless of age, their imaginations haven't been displaced by
Stock Portfolios, IRS woes, or the sacred quest for a newer Beamer. God, I
can think of no worse fate than being stuck in a room full of Grups discussing
the next Financial Ice Age or comparing notes on Tailors while a sunny day
beckons from outside. I'd bail, hop in Warpig, hit the beach with my SK
sketchpad and shades, or climb a tree or something else suitably irreverent.
If the kids think it's cool and the adults are scratching their heads in disbelief - then
I know I'm doing something right.

I'll have lots of time to act my age when I'm dead.

(I'm not the only one with a healthy disregard for "what you're supposed to be
  doing at your age". "Tale Spin" and "Mighty Max"'s Mark Zaslove often
  signs off e-mail abruptly with "Gotta go. It's sunny out." They have fun, while
  "normal" people have investment portfolios. Not much of a contest there.)