Re: Newsletters and Prodigy...

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 08:11:27 -0700

>>>Yeah, Christian told me that Kyle "sends me stuff, and I send him stuff"
>>
>>You actually know him? I'd love to know him! Geez! My life stinks!
>
> Kyle's spoken to him. I've spoken to Davis Doi.

Well, "know" is usually reserved for someone you've seen in person, and
I've only talked to Christian on the phone (does fax count nowadays?).

>>Hey, we get bored! (Although, everyone wants to give me a nickname and
>>everyone thinks that I will give them my entire lunch when I'd rather
>smack'em.)

I feel the same way about politicians.

> I've always been DJ Clawson to *whatever* club or list I'm in or on.
>That's what my Questie (seaQuest fan) buds know me as. When I went to the
>QuestieCon in Feburary, people called me DJ or Dr. Jake or even just Jake
>(I've had a few people on line call me Doc). Some of them didn't know it
>wasn't my real name until I got the the con. It was kinda cool.

I don't get time to hit the cons, but the regulars on alt.tv.animaniacs and
elsewhere still call me "chance" even though most of 'em are well aware
of my RN. S'cool, I suppose. (I think I've earned another nick up
the Turner corporate ladder a-ways, but I don't think it's repeatable in
polite company).

('Quest is toast, along with "Space: Above and Beyond", "Nowhere Man",
   "Picket Fences" and probably "Strange Luck"; along with fully half the starting
    lineup last Fall. Cartoons are doing no better: "Free Willy", "Reboot", "The Tick",
   "Dumb and Dumber", "Sailor Moon", "Teknoman" and "Space Strikers" are all
    roadkill, with the survivors limping along in the face of the lowest network viewership
   figures in years. Blame internet for some of the viewer losses, but most of the
    responsibility rests squarely on the shoulders of the network execs who procure
    endless three-set s*itcoms at the expense of anything worthwile, and cartoon
    premises <premisii?> that make even the most jaded of us pine for the bad old
    days of the early 70's. "SwatKats" in toondom is kinda my equivalent of
    "Earth 2", "Space: Above and Beyond" and "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles"
     in the live-ac world. Nothing I like ever seems to make it beyond Act II.)

Guess I'll have to develop a taste for Aaron Spelling efforts, "Casper", and
"Married with Children" reruns. Either that, or do an SCTV number on my
TV.