Re: TCN and ToonNet mail

From: chance <chance_at_unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 10:40:01 -0700

>I've just spent a couple hours catching up on list mail since I posted
>the letter I received from ToonNet... I personally wouldn't think it
>means much, and I didn't really mean for anyone else to take it that
>way... I hope I didn't get anybody in too much trouble by posting it to
>the list, that wasn't my intent... (I hope I won't have to write TCN from
>another account in the future...)

Hey, in no way did you do anything you weren't supposed to. They all
know that fans talk with other fans - regardless of how they do it - and
*any* information concerning SK is lapped up eagerly by viewers in
every corner of the planet. I think "got in trouble" was a poor choice of words
on my part, it's just that there are enough people at H-B (even up the Turner
ladder a ways...) that really appreciate the Katfans, and didn't much care for
Cartoon Network giving us prematurely false hopes based on inadequate information.

It's no sweat on this end. I check everything I hear of importance coming out
of TCN anyways, so the effects of these little errors don't last long. Whatever you do,
don't stop writing TCN, gang - they know it's a popular series, many execs know it's
a popular series, and the amount of mail they receive WRT the Kats has come up in
all sorts of important places.

It appears many of the TCN gang are also Katfans (much to the consternation
of the Turner heirarchy), and there's nothing worse than trying to program a
network with no feedback to help you out. All fans everywhere are part of
that feedback, even if Atlanta appears a bit slow with the math.